Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Granny Square Brooch




As a lover of granny squares I always try to find other uses for these cuties aside from their enthroned function of blanket makers, so this is not a first.

This is what I made using a puff granny pattern. A kind of a cone shaped brooch although the pattern was a square. But, I didn't make it a full square. I left one side off and instead I alternated the pattern to make a kind of a crown to it.



With some pearls added it does have a royal glam:)
I made a crochet circle for the back, so along with the lovely shape and pattern, it also gained fullness.


 
 
This brooch is part of {my never ending in growth} Treasure Box Jewelry Collection which will soon eventually see the light of day!
 
I would love to have you stop by on Friday for a new crochet pattern. See you on Friday!
 
 

11 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So pretty! Your photos are always so lovely.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Tammy! I do my best so they look attractive :)

Divya N said...

The colors of the brooch are serene making it look delicate even when its a granny square. I am curious to know how you stop the brooch from flopping (top edge folding downards) when you wear it

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya!
The puffs in the round before the last make it sturdy and that is even reinforced with the crochet patch at the back, which makes a sound foundation and the tip does not tilt.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

You made such a pretty crocheted pin Maya! I love the colors of the yarn and the beads.
Have a nice weekend.
Julie xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! Have a nice weekend too!

The Charm of Home said...

That is adorable! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

admirartem said...

Really an original way to transform and use a granny square. The brooch you crocheted is so beautiful. I hope to see your whole jewellery collection soon!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for having me dear!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Lilah. I made granny square necklaces in the past, so this was a new for me and I quite like it!

A Crafty Mix said...

That's so very pretty Maya and I love the colors you used to make the brooch. So lady like with the pearls.